The percentage of the population with diabetes has rapidly increased in the last decade and is predicted to increase further still. Diabetes can affect the circulation and nerves in the feet, and increases the possibility of infection, making feet vulnerable to ulceration and even amputation.
Diabetes is the most common cause of non-traumatic limb amputation,with diabetic foot ulcers being responsible for more than 80% of amputations.
For our diabetic patients we offer:
- A thorough assessment of circulation,nerves and skin.
- We look for any biomechanical issues,and address them with footwear advice,insoles or orthotics.
- Up to date information for general foot are and management of diabetes.
- Ongoing foot care with annual reviews,for early detection of problems.
- Prompt referral to specialists if required.